BBQ Girl

BBQ Girl

Monday, June 6, 2011

Pulled Pork Marinade



I tried to make pulled pork once before in the smoker (our first ever thing we smoked in fact!). The flavors were good, but we didn't smoke it long enough (we only smoked it to 170 deg. F). Well after much research I learned the proper real way to do pulled pork. I bought a 7 lb. pork picnic and got to work!


I like to inject my meats with a brine or marinade to keep them extra moist. This is the recipe I used for newest and best pulled pork. I hope you like it!

Pulled Pork Injectable Marinade:

Ingredients:

1 c. of hot or warm water

2 heaping tsp. of chicken base

2 heaping tsp. of beef base

1 tsp. of mustard

1 tsp. brown sugar

1 tsp. iodized salt

2 tsp. curry powder

1 tbsp. onion powder

3 tbsp. garlic powder

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together, and let it cool. Use an injector and inject the pork thoroughly. I used almost all of the marinade to inject into the meat. Once the meat is injected, pour the rest of the marinade on top of the pork to use as an adhesive for your dry rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment