BBQ Girl

BBQ Girl

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Maple Mustard Rib Glaze

This rib glaze was created to compliment my Rosemary Thyme Ribs. I love the hint of sweetness from the maple syrup! It is not overwhelmingly sweet like many rib glazes out there, which is a nice change. Enjoy!

Maple Mustard Rib Glaze:

Ingredients:

3/4 c. high quality maple syrup

2 tbsp. packed brown sugar

2 tbsp. ketchup

¼ c. apple juice

¼ c. Jack Daniel’s whiskey

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp. Vanilla Sea Salt (I actually ordered this from Wales, UK..but you can add vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract to the mix in lieu of specialized Vanilla Sea Salt)

2 tbsp. Dijon mustard

Directions:

In a small saucepan, stir together the maple syrup, brown sugar, ketchup, apple juice, Jack Daniel’s, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and mustard. Bring to a low boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

2 comments:

  1. This looks fab. Thanks! We are gathering BBQ recipes for a long summer ahead of babrbecuing on the roof. And pork ribs are definitely something I can buy easily at the wet market :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment! Have fun barbequing this summer! I hope you like my recipes! I will be adding more recipes throughout the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete