BBQ Girl

BBQ Girl

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beef Brisket Marinade


I just tried my first beef brisket on our smoker this past weekend for the 4th of July. Many BBQers out there will say not to inject a marinade into the meat or let it sit in a marinade overnight. I thought why not? Brisket has a bad rep in BBQ World for being a tough meat to smoke. You either get it right, and it is nice and moist, or it tastes like shoe leather.

After 8 LOOONG hours of smoking the meat, and letting it rest for 1 hour wrapped in aluminum foil, a towel, and placed in a cooler, it was ready to eat.

Did the marinade work? YES! It helped keep the meat moist, and added great flavor to the brisket. I used a meat injector and injected all of the marinade into the meat. I let it marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Beef Brisket Marinade / Mop Sauce

Ingredients:

½ c. Water

½ c. Vanilla-flavored Coffee (brewed strongly)

2 tsp. Beef Base

2 tbsp. Light Brown Sugar

¼ tsp. Irish Mustard

¼ tsp. Chili Powder

½ tsp. Garlic Powder

1 tsp. Onion Powder

2 tsp. Soy Sauce

Directions:

Place all ingredients into a saucepan, and heat until sugar has dissolved. Set aside and let it cool down. Once the marinade has cooled completely, inject it into your brisket or beef short ribs. You can also just use the marinade as a nice mop sauce too.

1 comment:

  1. I love beef brisket. I am going to have to try this next time I make mine.

    ReplyDelete