BBQ Girl

BBQ Girl

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Maple Sugar Dry Rub & Rib Glaze

Maple Sugar Dry Rub & Rib Glaze

Sadly, I haven't been able to work on many recipes for the past few months. Our beloved smoker decided to call it quits the day I was hosting a huge BBQ party for St. Patrick's Day.  The good news is that we finally rebuilt the smoker and it is up and running once again!

I decided that the first smoke of the season would be my ode to the North. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, and wanted to smoke a rib that had northern influences. Honestly, I had no idea what I wanted to do and saw maple sugar in my pantry..and thought to myself, "Hey, this will work!"  So, here it is... my newest and favorite dry rub.

I used the 3-2-1 method to smoke ribs, and they turned out perfectly. The smoke penetrated the meat very well (as you can see in the smoke ring), and the ribs turned out moist and sweet. These could be my new favorite, and I'm even considering competing with this recipe!

Maple Sugar Dry Rub (perfect for 2.5 lbs. of Pork Ribs)

Ingredients:
4 tbsp. Maple Sugar Powder
2 tsp. Ground Ginger Powder
2 tsp. Powdered Chicken Base Seasoning
2 tsp. Dried Minced Onion
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper


Maple Sugar Rib Glaze

Ingredients:
3/4 c. Maple Syrup
2 tbsp. Packed Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Yellow Mustard
1 tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Sea Salt
1.5 tbsp. Salted Butter
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper


Directions:
Add all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, so sugar doesn't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment